MissionWe are currently recruiting :
Senior Structured Finance Specialist (M/F) - Chinese market (based in China)
Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
Main responsibilities :
- Implement the bank's commercial strategy, behave as a first line of defence with regards to the risk and credit policy for Structured Finance & Syndication in Luxembourg and internationally.
- Initiate, develop and implement business opportunities consisting of financing solutions for Chinese companies or investors, and act as a centre of expertise and competence for BIL's corporate Advisors for complex loans.
- Develop and maintain a network of financial partners composed of banks and non-bank investors (private equity funds, debt funds, investors, etc.).
Your mission :
- Contribute actively to meeting the targets, including budgetary targets, of the Structured Finance & Syndication activity by integrating them in the overall framework of CIB's targets.
- Originate, negotiate and implement (in collaboration with the Corporate Advisor and internal/external experts) structured financing solutions and arrange syndicated financing based on a deal-team approach.
- Arrange risk capital offerings and implement tailor-made deals in this context (business valuations, etc.).
- Act as first “line of defence” for complex corporate lending solutions in accordance with BIL's lending policy guidelines and governance rules.
- Contribute to the development of a work methodology for the Structured Finance & Syndication activity for Chinese clients (CRM, deal-pipeline, RM communication, presentations, procedures, etc.).
- Be the single point of contact for loan syndicate members and liaise with investors throughout the financing operation.
- Promote the Structured Finance & Syndication activity both internally and externally, in Luxembourg and internationally, and develop a serviceable network of financial partners (banks and investment funds) and specialists (laws firms, consultants, business introducers, etc.).
- Represent the bank at client events (first viewings, landmark conferences).
Your profile :
- Economics/ Business management
- Master's degree or equivalent experience
- Chinese (Mandarin) and English languages are a must. French, German and Luxembourgish are considered as important assets
- Relevant professional experience of at least 5 to 10 years
- Experience in financing (and alternative) solutions for domestic companies and multinational groups.
- Knowledge of Chinese market is a must.
- Knowledge of corporate finance, debt solutions and bank syndicates
- In-depth knowledge of balance sheet analysis, financial ratios and corporate management.
- Experience in drafting and monitoring contractual documents for the bank, in particular with regard to mandates and complex corporate loans.
- Good knowledge of basic IT tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- All of the bank's front applications and validation systems relevant for the position
- Contact network of external professional experts (private & public).
- Corporate portfolio management experience (commercial, analyst, legal, manager)
- TFM and Risk Management knowhow are a plus
- Operational autonomy
- Analytical skills
- Very good client relations
- Initiative and organisation
- Team work
- Strong interest in innovation and the economy in general
- Good presentation and representation