MissionThis job opportunity reaches out for students having already made first practical experiences in the field of finance or real estate and who wish to acquire professional hands-on experiences in Investment & Finance.
AEW in Germany has outsourced essential aspects of the fund administration to external AIFM service providers (such as German “Kapitalanlagegesellschaft – KVG”), hence focusing entirely on business sales and fund operations, but under this specific regime serving as the fund advisor and progressing Asset Management functions in full scheme.
In this role the candidate will assist in a team of four in supervision guidance and general assistance of the AIFM, enabling the AIFM in fulfilling its role as a responsive and efficient fund administrator.
The VIE will start on March 1st 2019.
Main function :
The candidate—from day one—will assist the Team Fund Operations & Finance in its day-to-day operations cooperating with the internal divisions Fund Management, Investment, Asset Management and the external AIFM partner.
Main assists & tasks :
Support Fund Operations and Finance :
• Analyzing operational fund performance and making monthly financial performance checks in reflection with the fund strategy, targets and budgets
• Preparing PowerPoint presentations as requested by the team
• Reviewing business processes, analysing optimization potential and documenting changes and adjustments in a professional manner
• Preparing fund financial budgets, requesting real estate operational figures, corporate administration figures and developing P&L projections in local-GAAP accounting schemes and German investment GAAP accounting schemes
• Analyzing finance, making forecasts and analyze optional finance. Reviewing legal and tax memos, identifying key tax implications and cash flow constraints, and implement optional finance schemes in financial models as circumstances occur or change
• Maintain full insight on the fund vehicles investment corporations (SPVs), track administrative processes, such as registrations, contract signage and closures, drafting contracts and board motions, and ensuring an effective and efficient information workflow between AEW divisions, the AIFM and external consultants
• Develop investment structures of new funds, including the investment model, key performance indicators and entire finance scheme, discuss hypothetical fund arithmetic in the team and optimize the model towards successful sale to customers
• Maintain responsive and efficient information workflow with other divisions, especially Fund Management
• Track contract work flows, gather information and document essentials to the process, discuss process stages and support the team in completing processes efficiently.
• Prepare internal order forms for money transfer, track workflow and completion
• On an as-needed-basis assist in the development of tools and methods in order to optimize the new established division Fund Operation and Finance.
• Be part of other internal projects and tasks, if required by the team.
• Very good analytical skills
• Excellent knowledge with Excel
• University study level in Business Administration / Finance / Real estate / Engineering / Tax or Law
• Knowledge in finance for non-finance students would be an advantage
• Self-endurance, high motivation and affection for real estate and finance
• English fluent required, German is a plus
• Previous experience in a real estate company would be an asset
• Rigorous, well-organized and able to manage several projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
• Commitment to professionalism and customer service, willingness to work hard
• Good communicator, listener and team player